Monday is my favorite day of the week. What I do on this day sets me up for the rest of the week. I have a routine that I go through before I write my three-do list and to list for the day/week. Making lists and checking things off is super important for my success. Here’s my routine for Mondays:
1) Wake Up (10 am): I like to snooze about 3 times before I wake up. Those 8 minutes between snoozes feel really good.
Listen to Kesha’s Tik Tok and dance like I’m on Ellen!
2) Shower: When I was much younger I had terrible hygiene. Why? I was dirty little boy and was comfortable with it. Nowadays, I really enjoy being fresh all of the time. The early morning shower wakes me up and sets me up for good hygiene the rest of the week.
3) Eat/ take my supplement: Growing up I never ate breakfast. Instead I drank warm milk to start my day. My new routine is a meal replacement shake followed by my Multiminerals, Mega antioxidants, Active Calcium Plus, Biomega, Vitamin D. I have a tough time eating solid foods when I wake up but the combination of the meal replacement/supplements ties me over for the next 2 hrs before I am hungry again.
4) Focus on just breathing for 5 minutes: Going to Yoga has taught me the importance of breathing. Before I work on my to do list, I just sit in silence only focusing on my breathing.
******** Hygiene: Check! Food: Check! Mind: Check! Now it’s time to get to work. Life’s just this wonderful journey and everyone has a different approach to it. I love going on random adventures and meeting all sorts of people but I still have big ambitions. In order to reach these goals I have to discipline and work every day towards them. I’m here to share you my list.
5) I write my three-do list for the day. I add/cross off things from my to do list for the week.
My three-do list for this week:
1) Work on my budget (15 minutes): USANA has provided a supplementary income that I never had before. I have many expenses that I also need to deal with. I am planning to travel to Long Beach, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Utah, Oregon, Manitoba, BC Road Trip and Asia this year. It’s important to be able to track where your money is coming from and where it is going. We all work hard for what we have so its crucial that it is spent wisely. Financial literacy is something I never had before but it’s something I am conscious about daily.
2) 50 pushups (15 minutes): If you want that beach body you have to work for it. Consistency pays off. Every push up, every squat, every step I take is a step forward. I may not have the time to commit and 1 hr to the gym but I can at least spend 5-10 minutes a day on my physique 🙂
3) Communicate with my USANA Team Summit (15 minutes):
It’s a business about helping others. I went from curious bystander to consumer to business associate. I wanted to be surrounded by health conscious, happy, positive and motivated people. I’ve met a lot of awesome people through this network and it continues to grow. Personally, I have been able to reconnect with old friends, co-workers, and kids I tutored. I have aspirations of mentoring and helping others grow (as I grow as well). USANA has provided me with a platform to teach people about business, health, sciences and personal development. Excited to see how things turn out in the next few years.
It’s easy to be consumed by your work/life/relationships. Sometimes we are so focused on our goals that we neglect our minds, body and soul. I try my hardest to stick to my routines. There are days/circumstances where it doesn’t happen but that’s no big deal. When things don’t go the way you plan: Just roll with it, take a deep breathe and be thankful for all that you have. Off for a noon-er jog at Kits Beach.
If you see me on fb, whatsapp or at work feel free to share your three-do list with me.
How to Make a Three-Do List
1) Write down three things that you want to get done today.
2) These three things you give you the greatest benefit in terms of reaching your goals.
3) Every item on your list must be specific and realistic based on your time/energy constraints for the day.
Now that you have made your list, go out and do it. Check things off as you finish it. Feel good about accomplishing these tasks because every step counts.
I’ve started to work on my next post called Wild Cooking Wednesdays where I’ll provide some easy home cooking recipes.
Hope all of you have a great day and week 🙂